Project Train Ten Thousand Artisans (PTTA) is one of the brainchild innovations of Inter-Bau Foundation, established to provide practical vocational training for females and youths in construction artisanship while engendering the sector.
- To train at least Ten Thousand Women and Youths in Ten Years (one thousand participants annually). This flagged off officially with its first skill training in December 2020
- To educate, empower and equip women, girls and youths with the knowledge and practical vocational skills thereby increasing female participation in the industry
- To build self-confidence, empower the trainees to become economically and financially self-reliant
- To sensitize and create awareness of the over 150 career opportunities available in the construction industry. Contrary to the predominant belief that construction is for men only, women are also needed irrespective of culture, age or size because construction is gender neutral!
Activities Carried Out
PTTA STREAM 1
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the soft skills courses held virtually (excluding the Self Defence Training). The total number of students that took part in the PTTA Stream 1 soft skills training was 38 students (including 3 men).
Soft Skills Courses:
- Health and Safety Training
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership
- Team Work
- Project Management
- Gender Diversity and Inclusion
- Work-Life Balance
- Self Defense (Women Only)
Core Skills Courses
- Interior Decoration